FEMA No: 4085
Caryophyllene oxide is an oxygenated terpenoid, usually a metabolic by product of caryophyllene. It’s use as an antifungal is highly effective with certain species. In addition, caryophyllene oxide has also been indicated as an anticoagulant with platelets
Lemon Balm, Black Caraway, Cloves, Hops, Basil, Oregano, Black Pepper, West African Pepper, Lavender, Rosemary, Cinnamomum, Malabathrum, Cananga Odorata, Copaiba Oil
Herb, Must, Spice, Wood
Commonly used as preservative in food, drugs, and cosmetics. Its antifungal activity has been compared to ciclopiroxolamine and sulconazole, mainly used in onychomycosis treatment and dermatophytes.
Caryophyllene oxide isolated from the rhizome of Formosan Gynura japonica was shown to exhibit significant anti-platelet aggregation activity in vitro.
Anti-Platelet Aggregation and Chemical Constituents from the Rhizome of Gynura japonica
Synergistic effects with…
Antifungal - CBC, CBG
Anticoagulant - THC
Insecticidal - THCA, CBGA
- Formula: C15H24O
- Molecular Mass: 220.35 g/mol
- Melting Point: 60.00 C - 62.00 C
- Boiling Point: 279.68 C
- Flash Point: > 212.00 F
Caryophyllene Oxide is also know by these other names
- 1139-30-6 [RN]
- β-Caryophyllene oxide
- b-Caryophyllene oxide
- b-Caryophyllene epoxide
- (−)-Caryophyllene oxide
- (-)-b-Caryophyllene oxide
- Caryophyllene 4b,5a-oxide
- trans-caryophyllene oxide
- (-)-β-Caryophyllene epoxide
- (-)-b-Caryophyllene epoxide
- 5-Oxatricyclo(188.8.131.52(4,6))dodecane, 4,12,12-trimethyl-9-methylene-, (1R,4R,6R,10S)-
- (1R,4R,6R,10S)-4,12,12-Trimethyl-9-methylene-5-oxatricyclo[8.2.0.04,6]dodecane [ACD/IUPAC Name]
- 5-Oxatricyclo[8.2.0.04,6]dodecane, 4,12,12-trimethyl-9-methylene-, (1R,4R,6R,10S)- [ACD/Index Name]
LD50: Rat > 5,000 mg/kg
Storage: Store in cool, dry place in tightly sealed containers, protected from heat and light
Read through our forum on Caryophyllene Oxide below, or start your own topic.
This forum contains 0 topics, and was last updated by Nick No Topics.
Oh bother! No topics were found here!
You must be logged in to create new topics.