FEMA No: 2635
Linalool is a terpene alcohol with a citrusy, floral, sweet, bois de rose, woody, green, blueberry scent. Linalool is able to act on the opioidergic and cholinergic systems to relieve pain, a unique pathway for terpenes. Linalool also acts as an anticonvulsant, having similar effects to diazepam. Linalool has been used as a relaxant and as a treatment for anxiety for thousands of years. In scientific studies, linalool was proven to sedate mice and also mitigate anxiety.
Lamiaceae, Lauraceae, Birch Trees, Citrus
Coriander, Floral, Lavender, Lemon, Rose
Linalool was able to reduce carrageenin-induced edema in rats, a classic model of inflammation. It’s acetate version was noted to have the same effect as well
In mice exposed to acetic acid-induced writhing response and the hot plate test, linalool was able to act on the opioidergic and cholinergic systems in a manner to prevent neural networks from transmitting the signal of pain.
Linalool was eluted to possess pharmacological activity close to that of diazepam. In a PTZ model, PIC seizure mode, and tonic convulsions induced by transcorneal electroshock, linalool therapeutically decreased the convulsion time in mice
- Anticonvulsant activity of the linalool enantiomers and racemate: investigation of chiral influence.
In an elevated plus maze test, linalool indicated to modulate motor movements and locomotion. At a high enough dose, linalool was able to make the mice go to sleep.
- Investigation of the anxiolytic effects of linalool, a lavender extract, in the male Sprague-Dawley rat.
Linalool was shown to possess anxiolytic properties without any side effects, showing promising potential use in treatment of anxiety disorders. Linalool was evaluated on 4-week ICR mice using an open field test, a light-dark test and an elevated plus maze test. The measurements of monoamines in the brain showed decreased serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine, which is commonly seen in animal models exhibiting anxiolytic effects.
- Evaluation of anxiolytic potency of essential oil and S-(+)-linalool from Cinnamomum osmophloeum ct. linalool leaves in mice
Synergistic effects with…
Anti-anxiety - CBG
Sedative - CBN,THC
Analgesic - CBD
Anticonvulsant - CBD, CBDV, THCV
Anti-anxiety - limonene
GABA uptake inhibitor - phytol
Common strains high in Linalool
Chem dogg 2.83
Diamond girl 7.36
Gh cheeze 4.83
Gh skunk 3.62
Kaia kush 2.08
- Formula: C10H18O
- Molecular Mass: 154.25 g/mol
- Relative Density: 0.858 g/mL
- Water Solubility: 1.589 g/L
- Auto-ignition Temp: 260 C
- Melting Point: < -74 C
- Boiling Point: 198 C
- Flash Point: 78 C
Linalool is also know by these other names
- Linalool, β
- 78-70-6 [RN]
- linalyl alcohol
- 245-083-6 [EINECS]
- 3,7-Dimethyl-1,6-octadien-3-ol [ACD/IUPAC Name]
- 1,6-Octadien-3-ol, 3,7-dimethyl- [ACD/Index Name]
LD50: Mice - 3,000 mg/kg
Storage: 2 – 8 C, proper ventilation, spark proof environment.
Combustible liquid. Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep cool. Keep away from heat / sparks / open flames / hot surfaces. No smoking. In case of fire: Use appropriate media to extinguish. May be harmful if swallowed. Harmful in contact with skin. Causes skin and serious eye irritation. Wash thoroughly after handling. Avoid release to the environment. Wear protective gloves / protective clothing / eye protection / face protection. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Call a POISON CENTER / doctor if you feel unwell. If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice / attention. If eye irritation persists:Get medical advice / attention. Take off contaminated clothing and wash it before reuse. Harmful to aquatic life. Dispose of contents / container in accordance with local / regional / national / international regulations.
Read through our forum on Linalool below, or start your own topic.
- Foundations of Astronomy + Mindtap Astronomy, 6-month Access – PDF | epub | kindle download
- 3 days, 16 hours ago
- Easy Weight Loss Journal with Calorie Cash(tm) : The Easy to Use Calorie Chart and Weight Loss Journal – PDF | epub | kindle download
- 3 days, 20 hours ago
- The North-West Peninsula of Iceland : Being the Journal of a Tour in Iceland – Scholar's Choice Edition – PDF | epub | kindle download
- 4 days, 1 hour ago
- Standard Accident Insurance Company and Albert E. McKenzie, as Trustee in Bankruptcy of the Graves-Quinn Corporation, Petitioners, V. the United States. U.S. Supreme Court Transcript of Record with Supporting Pleadings – PDF | epub | kindle download
- 4 days, 15 hours ago
- Gli studi agiografici sul Medioevo in Europa (1968-1998) – PDF | epub | kindle download
- 4 days, 20 hours ago
- Apocalypses-Hc : Prophecies, Cults and Millennial Beliefs Through the Ages – PDF | epub | kindle download
- 4 days, 22 hours ago
- W 80 dni dookola swiata nie wyjezdzajac z Londynu – PDF | epub | kindle download
- 5 days, 7 hours ago
- State Looteries : Historical Continuity, Rearticulations of Racism, and American Taxation – PDF | epub | kindle download
- 1 week ago
You must be logged in to create new topics.